Saturday, January 7, 2012


No, you have not died and gone to heaven. This place exists. It's real. It's beautiful. It's the Chicago Botanical Gardens.

I took a Botanical Illustration class taught by my amazing instructor, Heeyoung Kim, and we took a field trip to this magical place to learn more about the anatomy of plants and flowers. I literally gasped (gasped!) when we entered this place. The outdoor (and indoor) garden is open year round for visitors and is a great place to sit down and sketch for a few hours. This Kansas girl has missed out on so much!

 Here is my instructor and a couple of classmates taking a break to enjoy the view.


I start the more advanced version of this class on Monday and cannot WAIT! Below are some photos of the class and some samples of my drawings.


No comments:

Post a Comment