Friday, December 16, 2011


My heart dies a little (in an oh-my-goodness-it's-so-beautiful-it's-painful sort of way) whenever I see new designs by Marimekko. I would do anything to be able to design for this Finland based design company. Wouldn't you? If you haven't heard of them, you've surely seen something by them with their iconic designs from the 50's, 60's and 70's without even knowing it!

You can get a sneak peek into how they work in their clip "Secret of Marimekko":



And I know you've definitely seen their goods in your local Crate & Barrel (another company I LOVE). How smart was this partnership?! Crate & Barrel and Marimekko joined forces in 1966 and haven't looked back. Oooooh....the color! The pattern! The PERFECTION!! You can check out the Marimekko shop on the Crate & Barrel site here. You're welcome.



*photos via www.marimekko.com and www.crateandbarrel.com

No comments:

Post a Comment