Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Just a few months ago I worked for Hallmark as a graphic designer and art director. While I still work for them remotely, I now have time to freelance too! I'm super excited to venture out of my design comfort zone. What better way to get the freelance ball rollin' than to mail out holiday cards to potential clients!

I created these cards in the photos using moo.com. I was so pleased with the quality of paper and color matching that moo produced with my design. While they're a little pricey, I do participate in their occasional online (read: holiday) promotions!  

Since my main design/drawing on the cover is a doily-shaped snowflake, I decided to cut the same snowflake out of construction paper with my exacto to pair with the card as a paper ornament...sounded like a great idea at the time. Each snowflake took an HOUR TO CUT! So, as you can imagine, I stopped at ten paper snowflakes and called it a day. Sorry, friends, who only received the card! I have the paper cuts to prove it...and a husband who wants my time back. Happy holidays!

4 comments:

  1. Now I see and I am sooo happy to be one of the lucky ones to receive a hand cut red doily with your beautiful Christmas card. I have to say your craftsmanship was so good until I saw the proof I thought maybe you had them laser cut to match your design, seriously, no joke! Good work, friend! And Merrrry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for appreciating the work that went into it, Cecilia! Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Moley I love my Christmas Card! It's so pretty and I cannot believe you cut out that shape. I stared at it for like two minutes trying to figure it out because I didn't believe it! It's super pretty and like Cecilia I feel honored to get one! Remember "we can do anything"! Haha! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh oh! I'm assuming this last comment was Emily! You're welcome! Yes, "we can do ANYTHING!!" (with a little determination) You're so welcome! So glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete